Sunday, June 14, 2009
9:49 PM
the joy of suffering.
" I saw the Lord always before me. Because he is my right hand, i will not be shaken. Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices; my body will also live in hope, because you will not abandon me to the grave, nor will you let your Holy One see decay. You have made known to me the paths of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence." Acts 2:25-28.
this is one of my favourite verses. i read this to one of the patients i visited last year. i encouraged him with this because he was going for a bone marrow transplant. and now im reading it to encourage myself. i feel that there are alot of challenges ahead of me. but i noe that God is preparing me for greater things. if there are no challenges in your life. then i think something is wrong.
heres a quote from today's daily devotions.
God is our Salvation. David refers to salvation not from sin but from danger. "He only is my rock and my salvation; He is my defense; I shall not be greatly moved". David's enemies were pursuing him as usual. Saul was trying to kill him as usual. And yet David says, "I'm going to wait on the Lord. I'm not going to run around and lose control of myself. I'm going to wait on the Lord because from Him comes my salvation." That's true today also. We live in a dangerous world. We never know what may be just around the corner, but we have the assurance that God is our Rock and our Defense.
YAY! THANK GOD!